Friday, April 23, 2010

Episode 56- Calling All Designers

Project Runway Wii game

Project Runway Design Kits


Interview with Bonnie Simmons from Simplicity Patterns

Inspired by Project Runway Pattern Design Contest Information

Contest Rules

Press Release provided by Simplicity:
Aspiring designers and sewers are invited to compete in a fashion design competition that's inspired by Project Runway®. Creative fashionistas are challenged to design a look that others will want to make and proudly wear! The winner will receive worldwide distribution of their design and a trip to NYC, fashion capital of the world! Entries will be judged by Barbara Schneeweiss, Executive Producer of Project Runway® and representatives from Simplicity® Patterns, the creator and sponsor of this exciting competition, as well as sewing industry experts.




An exclusive licensing agreement between Weinstein Company, owner of Project Runway® and Simplicity Patterns enables Simplicity® to market apparel sewing patterns "Inspired by Project Runway". Simplicity® is the world’s leading manufacturer of fashion sewing patterns. Their Inspired by Project Runway patterns have garnered worldwide attention and become instant collectibles as each season passes. Now, one lucky aspiring designer from the United States has a chance to turn "pro", by having their winning design added to the Inspired by Project Runway® pattern collection worldwide!



Fashionistas, style-mavens, aspiring designers and home sewers are invited to enter and become part of the world of fashion design! This is a rare opportunity to compete in a fashion design contest where the prize enables the winner’s name to be forever attached to the Simplicity® and Inspired by Project Runway brands. "We are looking forward to reviewing the entries and introducing a fresh, new design to our Inspired by Project Runway pattern collection and the world of fashion" says Bonnie Simmons, Design Director at Simplicity®.



The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip to New York City to visit Simplicity’s offices for meetings with the Design and Production staff. The winning design will be produced and distributed worldwide as an Inspired by Project Runway® pattern in the Simplicity Pattern Collection. The Grand Prize Winner will be photographed and featured on Simplicity.com and the winning design will be photographed for the Simplicity Catalog




Links provided in comment section of Episode 55 for vintage patterns:
The Vintage Pattern Lending Library

Patterns from the Past

Past Patterns

Pattern Retrospective

Folkwear Patterns

Please Note:
I am providing the information for the Simplicity contest and I have no affiliation with this contest.   Good luck to all who enter.


Podcast length - 34 minutes


My Jalie Top:

5 comments:

Kim said...

Excellent interview. Thanks so much for the quick posting, Lori. You're doing a wonderful job. <3

Laritza said...

I have listened to each and everyone of your podcasts. I love it all! I am really now a sewer but I am learning. Your enthusiasm is catchy and every time I listen I get more enthusiastic about it all.
Thanks!

Ramona Kuhn said...

Great job - you are such an inspiration to me. I some times have a hard time sleeping. I find that when I listen to something (like sewing) that I enjoy and love doing it helps turn my brain off - relax and get some rest. At the same time I learn something new.

Ramona Kuhn said...

Now I'm going back and listing to some of your older posts. I really look forward to learning and listening to more.

Barbara said...

I'm just getting caught up on past podcasts now that LOST is over! Thank you so much for the great shows and information. Happy blogaversary!