Thursday, September 15, 2011

Episode 71- Return to Sewing

Maybe you have been away from garment sewing for awhile and are wanting to return to sewing garments, this episode has some great ideas for you.

First sewing information
National Sewing Month - September is National Sewing Month, check out the site for lots of information
My Singer Story - celebrating the 160th annivesary of Singer Sewing Company
Ruffle Fabric - check out for unique fabric
Ruffle Fabric skirt tutorial
U-Create National Sewing Month project  a cute bag
Fabric.com's Fall Trend Report
Pattern Scissors Cloth bound buttonhole tutorial
Hot Patterns is 6
Hot Pattern new denim notions


Interview with Lynne from Wonderfully Made
Remember to go to her site to sign up for her giveaways.

Simplicity 2728
Podcast length 1 hour 15 minutes

 Direct Download
Libsyn hosting site

don't forget to Like Sew Forth Now on FACEBOOK!


Patterns I made since last podcast
Butterick 5495
New Look 6030
Vogue 1250
Simplicity 2369
McCall's 6329
Simplicity 2728
Simplicity 2313
McCall's 5477

12 comments:

Mademoiselle Mermaid said...

Another GREAT show, Lori!! I am a new listener and definitely a fan...catching up on ALL of the past episodes=) Just a fabulous podcast...I am 'sew' happy I came across your show!!

Laney said...

Love this podcast. When you and Lynne met this summer, I thought that you should do a podcast together. So glad you did!

Dinah said...

Great podcast, Lori :) Thanks for taking the time to do shownotes, too. I love to head straight to them and look at all the sites you link to. Really enjoyed the conversation with Lynn.

Dinah

Melissa said...

I really enjoyed your latest podcast Lori, wish I didn't have to wait so long for the next one. I'm working on a jacket right now, so it was fun to listen to you and Lynn chat while I sewed. :-)

Maxi said...

Absolutely loved this episode. It made a regular drive into a really enjoyable pasttime! Fantastic! I have been over to Lynne's blog - looks great. Thanks for yet another great introduction for us.

Mary Sarah said...

Great podcast Lori! You are always inspiring and now I'm off to check out Lynne's blog for more inspiration! Thanks!!

Roberta said...

Hi Lori, I am a new listener and am REALLY enjoying your podcasts! I downloaded several to take with me to listen to while traveling on our recent holiday. The time flew by. Thanks for working so hard to inspire us sewers.

Allison said...

I am a new listener and I've been really enjoying trying to catch up on all of your great podcasts. I'm learning so much. I have one suggestion for your blog - could you put up a little more information for the show notes? I listen while doing housework, or in the car, or out for a walk, and I can't jot down pattern numbers! It would be a huge help if you could add a list of the patterns you mention so we could look them up later. Thanks so much for all your hard work on this great show!

Marie said...

Loved this one! There are several that I listened to many many times. Thanks for the good interview and all the information you give.

Donna G. said...

Hi Lori! My gosh, there's so much to hear and see on this episode! I love the jacket. Thanks for posting all of the links; it's taking me a while to visit all of them. Look forward to the next podcast!

Maxine said...

Hi Lori
Just wanted to thank you for letting us know about the Singer celebration. Having dug out the serial number from my first sewing machine, a hand crank Singer my nan bought me when I was about 8 I think, I've found out it was made in 1929. I've got the certificate ready to print. The machine has special memories for me and this has added to it all. It makes you wonder who used it before, and what they made. Thanks so much for yet another inspiring edition.

xx

Rocky Delafontaine said...

That is a charming yet elegant piece of clothing. The colors red, white and black go well with each other. Who came up with the style? Also, the cut and the lines make give it a very slim touch I'll give it 4 and a half stars.